Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Bit About My Name

Or, rather, a bit about the name of this blog. Sniveling Mangina. Why did I choose this name? It's a little bit crass, what with the mention of female genitalia. Plus, the word 'sniveling' is just kind of gross. Well, I did it for a few reasons. Let's go over a few of them right now, because what the hell else are you going to do with your time? Get a job or contribute to society? Please.

The first is that this blog exists so that I can talk about feminist theory and add my voice to the ongoing discussion that surrounds the movement. But it's also a place for me to bitch about the sexist rhetoric put forth by the Men's Rights Movement and other such groups in the name of actually furthering equality. These people claim to want to level the playing field, but that stated goal is nothing more than a cover for their deep hatred of women and anyone who is different from them in any way. Nowhere is this more evident than in the insults employed by these mongoloids. I'm talking, of course, about the title of this blog. "Sniveling Mangina." This is an insult MRAs have thrown out, both in reference to me and other feminist thinkers. Because clearly, the worst thing in the world would be to have a vagina. But no, these people totally don't hate women, you guys.

Come to think of it, the second reason I chose the name ties into the first so much that it can barely be called a new point. Oh, well. I'm far too lazy to change it now. Basically, I'm doing to 'mangina' what the gay community did to the word 'queer." There's nothing wrong with being a woman or having a vagina. And no, MRAs, those two things are not one and the same. I refuse to let people assert that there is something wrong with those things, so I'm reclaiming the word for my own.

Now, please, would you stop inundating me with whining comments about the name?

No comments:

Post a Comment